Monday, March 8, 2010

Babies!!!!

Today while doing school, Mom rushed in and told me my sheep, Queen Latifa, that I got from Lisa Rodenfels ( http://somerhillfarm.blogspot.com/ ) had lambs! I was so excited, and they didn't disappoint! Still wet from all those wonderful birthing fluids, there was one ram and one ewe; they are so tiny, and so precious. I took a few pictures, while they were still wet, so I thought everyone would like to see. Now all I have to do is pick names, and get them registered! :)

 The Happy Family Together ^
My and Mom dipping the little ewe's navel in iodine ^

The little ram. Mom said he "had a face only a mother could love", but I happen to think he's the cutest one!:) ^

2 comments:

  1. OH OH OH OH!!!! I'm so excited to see this! Are they eating ok? They look great! Good to see mama is taking good care of cleaning and loving them. Don't you just love how their ears fold back and touch at the tips? And the flapping noise it makes when they shake their head?
    Can I post a picture on my blog???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed seeing them! I do love every little detail about them, exspecially their very long ears, they sounds so funny when they shake their heads! :)
    The ram didn't have any trouble finding food (typical for a boy, haha) and the little ewe soon got the hang of it too, they are both doing wonderful!
    Of coarse, you can use whatever photos you wish for your blog, I took some more today, and so I will be posting again soon.
    Thank you so much for Serenade!

    ReplyDelete