Friday, January 15, 2010

A cry for Haiti




I'm sure you've all heard -- about 3 days ago there was a hurricane in Haiti. This enormous catastrophe struck thousands of residents there and left nearly a 1/2 a million kill or severely injured. These people have been on my heart, especially in the last 24 hours, and I feel compelled to speak out to my fellow siblings in Christ, and say that we need to act through prayer.

I have heard so many people say that they wish they could 'do something.' I am tired of hearing this; the guilt everyone is feeling because of this event is not worthless, I believe that God is putting this into people hearts and minds so that they will quit using their words, and start using the power or prayer!!!

Through using this amazing potential God has given us through empowerment of prayer, we can help those living in Haiti in ways none of us can even begin to understand.

There are so many things on my mind over this incident, I believe I could write all day on the issue; but I'm afraid it would be futile.

Instead of stating all the negatives of this situation, I will look at the positive effects:


~ People might wake up and realize that sitting here feeling sorry for our fellow being is worthless; and unless you embrace God's plan, you never get any peace.

~YOU MUST MAKE IT UNCOMFORTANBLE FOR SOMEONE TO SIT IN ORDER TO GET A PERSON TO MOVE. And so God has made it uncomfortable for us to do nothing.

~ I have been watching the news, and some of the survivors were worshipping God, and THANKING him for his protection of them. This is true faith, because even in the darkest night, when you truly believe, you can still see the brightest light.


One that note I bid thee farewell, and do not forget to PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    Told you I would comment!
    Like your blog! :-)
    Katharine of the Market. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Haha, thanks for commenting, I forgot to comment on yours, so now I feel bad and I am going to immediately!
    ~Paige

    ReplyDelete