Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Brand new!

So once again, I find myself sitting here with nothing particular on my mind.

   Although as I am writing this, I realized that the coming of this New Year has also brought an end to a part of my life; I have rounded the bend, as the saying goes. This reminds me of a game me and my younger brother used to play when we were younger. We used to make it a rule, that whenever we drove through a tunnel, we have to hold our breath until we get through to the other end. We were so proud of ourselves if we made it through, and slightly embarrassed if we couldn't. I always remember seeing the end of the tunnel- lungs burning- and letting out a silent cry of relief in my head. This feels like the point in my life, the part where I see the end of the tunnel and let out my hurrah; I've made it! Not that I didn't think I would make it, but of coarse, at times this house seemed a more desolate place than is fair to say. But now, (as I have realized I will indeed make it, and finish strong), I see that time has gone by to quickly, and I have rounded a bend in my life. 2009 brought so many things for me. I stopped looking at what I could get, and more of what I could give. I learned that temptation is easy to defeat in your head, but not so in your heart. I saw that love is easily found, but so much harder to hold onto. I discovered an intense, and passionate love for the arts; photography and drawing especially. I now know that driving is not something pleasurable by any means, although unfortunately it is necessary. Though above all, I have witnessed that there is no satisfaction in anything that is not of God or his pure love.






So here's to 2009 and all the things I learned in it, adios!!!

2 comments:

  1. Me and ELisabeth used to do that...but new river tunnel is about... 2 minutes to get through. I almost passed out one time. :P

    my new post....playin possum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did that through the Wheeling tunnel... it was probably about a mile long, but it seemed much longer then, hehe.

    ReplyDelete